The tomato is the edible fruit that comes in the variety of forms. Tomato varieties can be divided into categories based on shape and size. Continue reading to find out the difference between grape tomatoes and cherry tomatoes from this post. In addition to it check out the video below to have details on a full comparison between Grape Tomatoes VS. Cherry Tomatoes.
The two most popular among people are Grape tomatoes and Cherry tomatoes. They are bite-sized and convenient to eat. How do you differentiate grape from cherry tomatoes?
Grape tomatoes are a combination of plum and cherry tomatoes. They had a shape of plum tomatoes while the sweetness of cherry tomatoes. Grape Tomatoes are believed to be originated from the South Asian region. They are oblong in shape. Grape tomatoes grow in clusters.
Grape tomatoes have thicker skin and are little sweeter which makes them perfect for various salads. They are less watery. Grape tomatoes last up for a longer period of time than cherry tomatoes. Grape tomatoes have a meatier texture. Most grape tomatoes exude shade of red. As grape tomatoes are not as sweet so they are perfect for garnishing the burgers, pastas, and salads.
Cherry tomatoes are similar to cherries. They are round in shape. Cherry tomatoes are juicy, sweet and have thin skins. They have high water content. Furthermore, cherry tomatoes don’t travel well and that’s why you seen them rarely in the grocery stores. They have been cultivated since the 15th century in Aztec Mexico.
Cherry tomatoes usually spaced out on the vine. Cherry tomatoes come in red, orange and yellow colors. Delicate cherry tomatoes can be eaten raw or lightly cooked.
Grape Tomatoes VS Cherry Tomatoes
- Grape tomatoes are originated in the South Asian region whereas Cherry tomatoes are cultivated in Aztec, Mexico.
- Cherry tomatoes are round in shape while Grape tomatoes are oblong.
- Grape tomatoes have thick skin and less sweet while Cherry tomatoes have thin skin and are sweet and juicy. Grape tomatoes are less watery
- Cherry tomatoes have high water content while Grape tomatoes are less watery.
- Grape tomatoes grow in clusters whereas Cherry tomatoes spaced out on the vine.
- Cherry tomatoes have short life span whereas Grape tomatoes last up for a longer period of time due to thick skin.
- Grape tomatoes come in the shade of red on the other hand cherry tomatoes come in red, orange and yellow color.
- Grape tomatoes are perfect for garnishing burgers, pastas, and salads while cherry tomatoes can be eaten raw or slightly cooked.